- Burlish Park Primary School goes up in Flames
- Council chiefs welcome sentence for rogue trader
- Council Tax Payers Foot Bill For Huge Increase in Mayor's Army of Staff
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust - Trust experiences its busiest day ever
- Carillion was left with just £29m before going bankrupt
- Walsall taxi spot-check joint operation
- West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner David Jamieson has launched his budget consultation for 2018/19 - and wants to hear your views.
- A Festive Spotlight on Forest Arts - Walsall’s very own Christmas star
- FUNDRAISING BOOST FOR LOCAL YMCA PROJECT FOR HOMELESS YOUNGSTERS
- Operation Big Ben strikes doom for fake traders
- Radical plans to create new adoption agency
- New council leader sets out vision for future
- Black Country News Business Directory
- Pressure grows on UKIP over Dudley Council Coalition Partnership Deal
- Campaign to save Stourbridge church
- Written by Assistant Editor
- Category: Mortgages and Mortgage News
- Hits: 2891
Lenders offering some of their cheapest mortgage deals last year helped make homeowners’ monthly mortgage payments in 2011 the most affordable in Wolverhampton since records began in 2005 according to new research released today from Barclays.
In an analysis of more than one million customers’ accounts nationally, it found that on average, people in Wolverhampton paid out 15.6 per cent of their take home pay last year to cover their monthly mortgage payments, or £372 a month, compared to 2008 when it reached its highest point of 20.8 per cent. Across the West Midlands homeowners paid out 14.6 per cent £421 compared to the UK which was 15.4 per cent (£494).
These figures support opinion research commissioned by Barclays that found the majority of homeowners across the West Midlands are more comfortable with their current payment levels. The poll of West Midlands homeowners found that 78 per cent have room for manoeuvre should their circumstances or interest rates change and 54 per cent find their mortgage affordable.