- Carillion was left with just £29m before going bankrupt
- Walsall taxi spot-check joint operation
- West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner David Jamieson has launched his budget consultation for 2018/19 - and wants to hear your views.
- A Festive Spotlight on Forest Arts - Walsall’s very own Christmas star
- FUNDRAISING BOOST FOR LOCAL YMCA PROJECT FOR HOMELESS YOUNGSTERS
- Operation Big Ben strikes doom for fake traders
- Radical plans to create new adoption agency
- New council leader sets out vision for future
- Black Country News Business Directory
- Pressure grows on UKIP over Dudley Council Coalition Partnership Deal
- Campaign to save Stourbridge church
- Six Black Country men charged over spate of armed shop raids
- West Midlands Combined Authority - Mayor for the West Midlands Election
- Council paid £1.3m on consultants' fees, Dudley's shadow finance boss reveals
- Himley Road Landfill
- Written by Sports Editor
- Category: Athletics
- Hits: 2253
A Stourbridge man has fired his way to the top after being selected to represent Great Britainin the London 2012 Paralympics.
Shooting expert Richard Davies, who reached world number one in the world rankings last year and is currently ranked fourth, completed some of his training at Dudley Council’s Crystal Leisure Centre.
The 42 year-old played high-level wheelchair rugby for over 14 years but when he didn’t qualify for 2008 Beijing Paralympic Games he set his sights on shooting, a sport he has a natural talent for and has since been capped British Champion on two occasions.
Richard also won in the 2012 British Open, where he has set a standing record in the R4 10m Air Rifle Standing Mixed SH2 with a score of 599.
Councillor Tracy Wood, cabinet member for environment and culture, said:
“It is fantastic to hear of another sporting star from our borough and has used council facilities to train.
“On behalf of everyone at Dudley Council I would like to wish Richard the very best of luck at the London 2012 Paralympics.”
Good luck also from all at BlackCountryNews.com