- Burlish Park Primary School goes up in Flames
- Council chiefs welcome sentence for rogue trader
- Council Tax Payers Foot Bill For Huge Increase in Mayor's Army of Staff
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust - Trust experiences its busiest day ever
- Carillion was left with just £29m before going bankrupt
- Walsall taxi spot-check joint operation
- West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner David Jamieson has launched his budget consultation for 2018/19 - and wants to hear your views.
- A Festive Spotlight on Forest Arts - Walsall’s very own Christmas star
- FUNDRAISING BOOST FOR LOCAL YMCA PROJECT FOR HOMELESS YOUNGSTERS
- Operation Big Ben strikes doom for fake traders
- Radical plans to create new adoption agency
- New council leader sets out vision for future
- Black Country News Business Directory
- Pressure grows on UKIP over Dudley Council Coalition Partnership Deal
- Campaign to save Stourbridge church
Council Tax Payers Foot Bill For Huge Increase in Mayor's Army of Staff
Hard-pressed council tax players across the region will be footing the bill for a huge increase in Mayor Andy Street’s office over the next 12 months.
Councils across the region are meeting over the next few weeks to fix council tax levels for the forthcoming financial year – at the same time as the Mayor is quadrupling the size of his office!
West Midlands Combined Authority - Mayor for the West Midlands Election
Information - Election of Mayor for the West Midlands Combined Authority - 4th May 2017
Please find below Mayoral Election Information that should be sent out to all registered electors throughout the West Midlands Combined Authority region.
Birmingham - Coventry - Dudley - Sandwell - Solihull - Walsall - Wolverhampton
The booklet and information must be sent to all electors by law and includes information about this election, and an election address from each of the candidates who wish to be included. As such a household may receive more than one copy.
Further details regarding the election can be found at:
West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust - Trust experiences its busiest day ever
West Midlands Ambulance Service has experienced its busiest day ever.
Yesterday, demand spiked to a new high with emergency call numbers topping out at 5,001; this is the first time it has ever reached the 5,000 mark. As you can see in the graph above demand was higher than what would have been expected from 7 o’clock in the morning onwards.
To put this into context, the next busiest day, 1st January 2017 only saw 4,628 calls, some 373 calls less. New Years Day is traditionally the busiest day of the year.
Blowing the whistle - Whistle Blowing 'making a disclosure in the public interest'
Blowing the whistle is more formally known as 'making a disclosure in the public interest'. It is important you can do so knowing that you are protected from losing your job and/ or being victimised as a result of what you have uncovered and made public.
Having had more information sent to us regarding various issues and problems in Local Government and NHS, we have decided to provide a platform for exactly this type of reporting to be available to anyone who wishes to use it.
Please read more...
Page 1 of 33